ATTENTION! This is a Rotting Dead safety alert! *Warning* - The following shelters have been closed due to overwhelming zombie activity in the area: Midtown Civic Center/Tucson,AZ - Dearborne Athletic Center/Boulder,CO - Carlin Research Institute/Dover,DE - Maestro Convention Center/Miami,FL - Brady's Memorial Hospital/Lansing,MI - Kindgom Hospital/Castle Rock,ME - Greens Elementary/St. Louis,MO - Allied Mutual West/Minneapolis,MN - Sunrise Medical Ceter/Hendricks,NV - Glasgow Shiners Convention Center/Ennis,MT - Las Alemedas Civic Hall/San Antonio,TX - Harris County Hospital District/Houston,TX - Pallisades Community Center/Salt Lake City,UT - - - Bloggers are urged to remain in their homes and stay away from highly populated areas of the city. This message will repeat....

Friday, March 25, 2005

Feeling Good

Although I have no desire to make Zam look bad and do not want unduely freak out Di, I am back again!

Blogging sure does make me feel good.

You know what else makes me feel good? Music!! Last night I bought the Janis Joplin's Greatest Hits CD. Man, we can only imagine what her ultimate greatest hits collection would look like had she more than 3 years of music. My all time favorite from her is "Summertime". One reason is probably because of my love for the art of animation.

Did that throw you far enough off?

You see, in 1981 & '82, there were three movies which came out that were full length feature movies done totally in animation. "Heavy Metal" (based on stories from the Sci-Fi/Fantasy Magazine), "Hey Good Lookin'", and "American Pop". These movies were a young artist's dream come true. Let's see, in 1981 I was...younger than I am now. I was not yet writing poetry back then but the fire was already brewing in my love of music and art.

To see the combination of music and great art work come to life on screen was inspiring. It was "American Pop" that I was referring to a moment ago. With a soundtrack of jazz, folk, and even a little punk music, it tells the story of 4 generations of musicians. A large majority of the film covers '60s psychedelia including Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, and Janis.

There is a small portion of "Summertime" in this film that caught my attention and held it ever since. As many times as I have heard it, I have never owned it until now. Color me Happy!

Now, I would like to wish you all a very Happy Easter. No matter what you end up doing, enjoy some time for yourselves. I will be hiding Easter eggs for my 4 year old (who is almost 5 now) and eating lots of candy. Well some candy, he may not let me have that much..*L*



  • Today's Cure song is The Kiss from the Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me CD -(1987) Fans of The Cure know that Robert is a fantastic guitarist, this song showcases that talent! It has only a few lyrics, but it is the music which drives your emotions and sends your soul spinning.

"Kiss me kiss me kiss me
Your tongue is like poison
So swollen it fills up my mouth "

CJ

1 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Good to have you back & Happy Easter to you too. :-)

Sunday, March 27, 2005 4:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home