ATTENTION! This is a Rotting Dead safety alert! *Warning* - The following shelters have been closed due to overwhelming zombie activity in the area: Midtown Civic Center/Tucson,AZ - Dearborne Athletic Center/Boulder,CO - Carlin Research Institute/Dover,DE - Maestro Convention Center/Miami,FL - Brady's Memorial Hospital/Lansing,MI - Kindgom Hospital/Castle Rock,ME - Greens Elementary/St. Louis,MO - Allied Mutual West/Minneapolis,MN - Sunrise Medical Ceter/Hendricks,NV - Glasgow Shiners Convention Center/Ennis,MT - Las Alemedas Civic Hall/San Antonio,TX - Harris County Hospital District/Houston,TX - Pallisades Community Center/Salt Lake City,UT - - - Bloggers are urged to remain in their homes and stay away from highly populated areas of the city. This message will repeat....

Friday, November 04, 2005

Saw 2

"Oh Yes, There Will Be Blood"

Now this is a great sequel! First of all, I loved the original Saw and I think this was very well done.

Jigsaw is back! Tobin Bell reprises his role as (John) the psychotic "Jigsaw" killer. This time pitting his wits against detective Eric Matthews (Donnie Wahlberg).
This time Jigsaw's victims are locked in a booby trapped house and they must find a way out before they inhale too much of a lethal nerve gas and die. They must watch out, for the traps Jigsaw has set in the house can also lead to death, and that is where the horror begins.

One of the things I have noted was how this tale is carried by the action, whereas the original was carried but the story. Before the killer set up individual scenarios for each of his victims, and we are shown clips in flaskback. This time the unfortunate captives must actively work as a group to survive. Now some people would be disappointed by the reliance on action, gore, and special effects (offended even) but I like the finished result.

New traps of horrific terror, plenty of bloodshed and a pretty good plot-line were enough to have me leaving the theatre in high spirits. Director Darren Lynn Bousman is brought on board by executive film producer Leigh Whannell (Adam from the first film, and co-writer )to do a spectacular job. Especially bringing back Shawnee Smith as Amanda (the only one to survive Jigsaw's first onslaught).

I love a good movie that can keep me interested and give me some good shocks as I go along for the ride. Of course, for me it is often all about the ending, and this movie does not disappoint!



  • Today's Cure song is "Fire In Cairo" from the Boys Don't Cry CD -(1979) There is nothing quite like Robert's voice, even when he is spelling out words! According to Robert; an eastern fantasy.

"Shifting crimson veil, silken hips
Slide under my hand, swollen lips
Whisper my name and I yearn
You take me in your arms and start to burn"

CJ

4 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Lori said...

I absolutely hated the first one (horrible acting, even worse makeup, plot holes galore, imo) and had not intended on seeing the second, but my oldest daughter loved it, so I may just go ahead and rent the DVD.

Thursday, November 17, 2005 6:28:00 AM  
Blogger Rotting Dead said...

Oh yes, I can always overlook a little bad acting if the overall effect is not diminished.

Friday, November 18, 2005 8:11:00 AM  
Blogger Zombie_Flyboy said...

Thanks for the review. I've been wanting to see Saw 2, just haven't gotten around to it.

Later!

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 8:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hadn't seen the first Saw, but I thought Saw II was pretty darn good. It totally held my interest and I didn't feel like I was missing out on a lot because I didn't see the first one. Now I MUST see the first Saw movie.

I've got to say that I love a movie that is rather inventive -- as was Saw II with the booby traps! Good stuff!

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 11:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home