ATTENTION! This is a Rotting Dead safety alert! *Warning* - The following shelters have been closed due to overwhelming zombie activity in the area: Midtown Civic Center/Tucson,AZ - Dearborne Athletic Center/Boulder,CO - Carlin Research Institute/Dover,DE - Maestro Convention Center/Miami,FL - Brady's Memorial Hospital/Lansing,MI - Kindgom Hospital/Castle Rock,ME - Greens Elementary/St. Louis,MO - Allied Mutual West/Minneapolis,MN - Sunrise Medical Ceter/Hendricks,NV - Glasgow Shiners Convention Center/Ennis,MT - Las Alemedas Civic Hall/San Antonio,TX - Harris County Hospital District/Houston,TX - Pallisades Community Center/Salt Lake City,UT - - - Bloggers are urged to remain in their homes and stay away from highly populated areas of the city. This message will repeat....

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Venom

Who wants another slasher flick?

I do, I do!!!

Well director Jim Gillespie (of "I Know What You Did Last Summer" fame) brings us "Venom"! In the vein of the classic slasher flick, here we have a pack of teenagers running for their lives through the swamps of Louisiana thanks to some voodoo. In a small Louisiana town a tow-truck driver is killed in an accident involving some snakes, but this is no ordinary death and those are not ordinary snakes. These snakes have been cursed with the souls of evil men thanks to a voodoo priestess who 'milked' the evil from criminals, rapists, all around bad men. Soon a dark figure is driving the tow-truck and the killings begin.

Starring Agnes Brucker and Jonathan Jackson, this film will surely get a lot of flack for being a cheesy horror movie, but I think that is its charm! This movie also features Method Man (alias Clifford Smith) who takes a break from his comical slap stick status to portray a fairly serious role as a deputy sheriff. Do not expect a great film, but come with an open mind and you would probably enjoy this one (especially in light of the release of recent failings like "House of Wax").

What I enjoyed most was having a new evil force to cheer on the screen. No, I am not truly THAT sick, but what I mean is it's nice to see some new ideas that show some development and style paying tribute to the rough-edged film style of "Friday the 13th" movies and the classic stalking suspense of "Halloween." Sure, this is never going to be a iconic masterpiece in the slasher hall of fame, but with some gruesome impalings with a crowbar, a few big gashes with some knives,and a severed arm, so there is plenty of screaming and running, yay!!!!



  • Today's Cure song is "alt.end" from last year's self titled CD The Cure - (2004)


"Yeah I know I should care if you come with me
Yeah and I should care if you go
Really should care about your love or your hate of me
Yeah I should care... but I don't"

CJ

3 Comments:

Blogger Tony said...

Venom would have done better if not for bad timing. Horror movies about the bayou really kinda stung (ha! Get it? Venom/Stung) after Katrina.

Monday, October 10, 2005 1:50:00 AM  
Blogger Zombie_Flyboy said...

I'll watch it. I always have time to watch sex crazed, partying teens die!

Thursday, October 20, 2005 12:11:00 AM  
Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

I always enjoy cheesy horror movies. So maybe I'll like this.
I recently bought the set of 50 classic horror movies. I like the old stuff. It's good fun so far.

Thursday, November 03, 2005 4:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home