ATTENTION! This is a Rotting Dead safety alert! *Warning* - The following shelters have been closed due to overwhelming zombie activity in the area: Midtown Civic Center/Tucson,AZ - Dearborne Athletic Center/Boulder,CO - Carlin Research Institute/Dover,DE - Maestro Convention Center/Miami,FL - Brady's Memorial Hospital/Lansing,MI - Kindgom Hospital/Castle Rock,ME - Greens Elementary/St. Louis,MO - Allied Mutual West/Minneapolis,MN - Sunrise Medical Ceter/Hendricks,NV - Glasgow Shiners Convention Center/Ennis,MT - Las Alemedas Civic Hall/San Antonio,TX - Harris County Hospital District/Houston,TX - Pallisades Community Center/Salt Lake City,UT - - - Bloggers are urged to remain in their homes and stay away from highly populated areas of the city. This message will repeat....

Friday, October 15, 2004

Escape 2

I am sure that some of my visitors wonder if I write anything other than material from the dark genre. Well let me briefly explain that I do. I have had the desire to write since I was in elementary school. Unfortuantely, there were way too many rules on 'proper' writing and grammer and I feel that stiffled my desire to write for quite a few years. Once I figured out that what I write is good enough for me (even if not for a grade) I started writing poetry. Most everything I wrote about was romantic. This makes sense when you understand that I was a bit geeky in school and not a big social icon. We all want to be loved, my expressions of that need came out in my poetry.

I have some of that other poetry showcased on another website through geocities. If you do visit ever visit there, please keep in mind that I have not been back to update it since September 2003. I do keep it active because one of these days I may take the opportunity to re-vamp it. Until then, it kind of hangs there in Cyber space, but it does have a lot of information to help you understand more about the lighter side of your Rotting Dead host, my interests, and my family.

Now, as this blog is NOT about happy feelings and feel good music. I present here only the dark writings I have created and take some pride in. Nothing wrong with the happy side of life, I just take the time to embrace the darker side in an effort to better understand it.

Having said all that, I present another poem...


~*~*~*~*~*~*

Escape 2

Don't count on me
my soul is stuck
and I feel the ceiling drop,
the floor rising in the dark

it won't stop
as I begin to cry

A curse stalks me
I see it hiding in the shadows
it's grip is so strong
it bruises me

it don't stop
and I dream of floating

everynight the light goes out
the night falls
everyday the sun comes up
for a break from the darkness

it will never stop
so I fly away


  • Today's Cure song is Other Voices from the FaithCD - (1981) Here is a tribal drum beat, a bass line that rumbles through in perfect rhythm, and Robert singing in dreamy tones about voices. Are they voices of reason? Perhaps.

"Commit the sin
Commit yourself
And all the other voices said
Change your mind
You're always wrong"


CJ

1 Comments:

Blogger Tony said...

I was gonna ask if you could do a review of the Care Bears' Movie.

The Care Bear Stare.....terrifying.

Saturday, October 16, 2004 4:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home