ATTENTION! This is a Rotting Dead safety alert! *Warning* - The following shelters have been closed due to overwhelming zombie activity in the area: Midtown Civic Center/Tucson,AZ - Dearborne Athletic Center/Boulder,CO - Carlin Research Institute/Dover,DE - Maestro Convention Center/Miami,FL - Brady's Memorial Hospital/Lansing,MI - Kindgom Hospital/Castle Rock,ME - Greens Elementary/St. Louis,MO - Allied Mutual West/Minneapolis,MN - Sunrise Medical Ceter/Hendricks,NV - Glasgow Shiners Convention Center/Ennis,MT - Las Alemedas Civic Hall/San Antonio,TX - Harris County Hospital District/Houston,TX - Pallisades Community Center/Salt Lake City,UT - - - Bloggers are urged to remain in their homes and stay away from highly populated areas of the city. This message will repeat....

Friday, April 01, 2005

Serenity, Courage, & Wisdom

Some of you may recognize those three words from a famous prayer.

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference."

It is known as the alcoholics creed, but can be a pillar of strength to anyone. But, why am I posting it here today? On a horror blog? At this hour? ...*L*

Seriously, I think it really is a beautiful mantra and a call to action for any self improvement pursuits you undertake. Well, I have recently begun to assert my courage. To live life free of storms or unpleasant change is an unrealistic ideal, but to move towards such a goal can be empowering. So I thought I would post some thoughts on this today and hopefully stimulate conversation among my my faithful readers.

A beautiful soul (my wife) once told me that the things we want in life are just the gravy. It is the fundamental elements of our soul's growth that matter most in this life. I agree. We tend to get bogged down in our desires and forget to focus on living. We often want material things or selfish attention but we do so to the point of developing mixed up priorities and causing ourselves undue grief. So, I accept that I cannot change other people, I look forward to the challenges of making changes where I can, and reveal in the wisdom that I have attained over the years.

Now, how does all of this tie into a horror blog? Well I am so glad that you asked. I love to talk. Simple enough huh? I do go on and on, sometimes I talk ad nauseum, and even at times to myself. Since I have started this blog, I have found one more way to talk. I type. I have mentioned before that I enjoy the subject of horror on many fronts, writing is one of those. When I have no specific topic but still want to write, I intend to just talk. Fair enough?

To my new readers: Hi!
Thanks for stopping by. Please feel free to look around and drop me an e-mail if you like.

Have a great weekend!!



  • Today's Cure song is More Than This from the original soundtrack for "The X-Files" movie and also found on theJoin The Dots: B-Sides and Rarities Collection - (2004) When reading the liner notes of the "Join..." set, Robert mentions that he is a long time X-Files fan and was happy to do a song for the soundtrack. My wife really likes this song and I cannot blame her! With its ambient synth sound, the mood is very trippy and fits well with the theme of sci-fi. But it is the lyrics that really put it over the top as a great song.

"Make believe in magic
Make believe in dreams
Make believe impossible
Nothing as is seems
To see, touch, taste, smell, hear
But never know if its real
"

CJ

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came here expecting the girl from "The Ring." I left with the knowledge things we want in life are just gravy.

Thanks for the profound insight into how bare my cupboard is. Time for a Walmart run. ;)

Saturday, April 02, 2005 4:39:00 AM  
Blogger Tony said...

Amen, Brother CJ! Preach on...

Dance, if you feel the holy ghost trance!!! *G*

Saturday, April 02, 2005 9:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home