ATTENTION! This is a Rotting Dead safety alert! *Warning* - The following shelters have been closed due to overwhelming zombie activity in the area: Midtown Civic Center/Tucson,AZ - Dearborne Athletic Center/Boulder,CO - Carlin Research Institute/Dover,DE - Maestro Convention Center/Miami,FL - Brady's Memorial Hospital/Lansing,MI - Kindgom Hospital/Castle Rock,ME - Greens Elementary/St. Louis,MO - Allied Mutual West/Minneapolis,MN - Sunrise Medical Ceter/Hendricks,NV - Glasgow Shiners Convention Center/Ennis,MT - Las Alemedas Civic Hall/San Antonio,TX - Harris County Hospital District/Houston,TX - Pallisades Community Center/Salt Lake City,UT - - - Bloggers are urged to remain in their homes and stay away from highly populated areas of the city. This message will repeat....

Friday, September 24, 2004

A Rotting Dead Clip Show

I always have so many things I want to post, but today I wanted to take another break to take a look back. One can’t always expect visitors to go through the entire archive to see what’s what, so I present a sort of review of my blog. My first postwas two months ago and since that time I have shared a lot about myself and hopefully entertained you with the many movie reviews I have posted. To my regular readers, Leah,Nicole, Soliel,Zam,Pdawg,PurpleStarlet,Joe,LaVarious ,digallagher,Sara,Chica,Audra, Cybertoad, Linda Rae,Shell, Corinne, Didou,and Julia) thank you so much for all of your comments and support in making my blogging experience a fantastic one! To any new visitors, Welcome to the Blog of the Rotting Dead!

I have shared information about my interest in horror through several of my posts. I started with a basic overview back in July with a post titled Rant! Then elaborated on my opinions about horror in Death, Destruction, and Mayhem!! More recently I have gone into more details in Horror-esque. By all means don’t miss the post that could save your life, read Surviving the Zombie Plague!

I have also shared my sense of humor in several posts. Sometime I just kind of sprinkle a post with my unique brand of silliness, but once in awhile the entire post is designed to let you in to my dementia, like in Breakin’ Necks. Or maybe you had a chuckle when you read Bleeding Staples or the infamous Fine Print!

Then of course we have the horror movie reviews. I have seen so many that I like (and some of those many,many times) so I felt like sharing my views about them. I really appreciate all the comments I have received and look forward to bringing you plenty more. The other thing that I am proud to showcase, is my love of music from The Cure. Since July 19th I have tried to feature a Cure song for every post. I get so much from their music and I have read that others like them a lot too. For my regular visitors who are not Cure fans, get a copy of Disintegration (From 1989 and considered to be one of the very best) and give it a listen you may be pleasantly surprised.

Another piece of my soul that I have been pleased to share are my ventures into writing. I have some dark poetry featured here because it is in tune with the theme, but I have also writing a variety of other topics, mostly romance, that are part of my original collection. My very first short story In the Dead of Nightis featured here on my blog, as well as another short story titled “Falling” which is perhaps a little more graphic than most may want to read on-line. E-mail for a copy if you really want to give it a read.

Well that about wraps it up for today. Thanks again for visiting and please stop by every week to see what’s new in the Blog of the Rotting Dead. Now to take you out for your weekend, I give you more of The Cure...

  • Today's Cure song is Close To Me from Head on the Door CD-(1985) An actually hand clapping song, with a dancing synthesizer bounding in time with the drumbeat. Sometimes you are waiting and waiting for the day to end, but when it happens you are still not ready for it!.


"I've waited hours for this, I've made myself so sick. I wish I'd stayed - asleep today"

CJ

7 Comments:

Blogger David said...

I like the idea of a recap post. I should try that sometime. I have to say that I'm amazed you haven't done an Evil Dead review. I know the Internet is full of sites dedicated to the series alone but I'm sure you've seen it & I'm curious to know what you've thought about it. ;)
PS. Thanks for the shout-out too.

Friday, September 24, 2004 2:03:00 PM  
Blogger Di Gallagher said...

Cheers to you too, CJ. Or should that be cheers to the cheers that I cheered because Pax cheered first? It's like one big back slapping fest... :)

Friday, September 24, 2004 4:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally enjoy your posts. ESPECIALLY the Cure songs! I've loved The Cure since I was a kid and I can never get enough of 'em!

Shell

Friday, September 24, 2004 7:53:00 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

Horror movies rule
Robert Smith is a GOD and The Cure Rules
Your Blog is great

'Nuff Said

Saturday, September 25, 2004 3:43:00 PM  
Blogger PDawg said...

I return the thanks for the visits to you, as well!

Also, thanks for the vote for my essay!!! :)

Saturday, September 25, 2004 6:21:00 PM  
Blogger Solange Hommel said...

Hehe. I just went back and re-read the Survival Guide. I don't know whether to back slowly away from you, or make you my official bodyguard. :)

Sunday, September 26, 2004 6:39:00 PM  
Blogger Chica said...

Yes, Desintegration is the BEST Cure Album, or should I call it compilation now??

Wednesday, September 29, 2004 12:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home